It was a really privilege to be invited by Michael Marlatt to attend the 3rd mRec Mobile Recruiting Conference in Atlanta back in October and, as I said in a previous blog, there are lot of statistic flying around and most of them are “big”.
Here are a few more to think about…. but my one piece of advice is to ignore all the data and get involved with mobile recruiting.
- Users globally spend nearly 3 hours a day on their mobile devices
- On average, Americans spend 2.7 hours per day socializing on their mobile device
- In Europe, the average is 2.4 hours; in Asia Pac, 3.4 hours
- 1.2 billion Smartphones will enter the market over the next 5 years (Source: ABIResearch).
- Nearly half of all 18 to 29 year olds (45%) who access the Internet on phones do most of their online browsing on their mobile device (Source: OnlineMediaDaily)
- 61% of people have a better impression of a brand based on their mobile experience
- What takes 2 seconds to load on desktop can take up to 6 seconds on 4G and only 30% of Smartphones in US are on 4G
- 50% of emails are opened on mobile
- Global network speeds doubled in 2012 and will increase sevenfold in 2017 reaching 3.9 mbps
The Big Disconnect statistics:
200 Mobile Corporate Sites
71 Have Link to Careers Lead
41 Lead to a non mobile sites
9 Fail to link to their mobile career site they already have
Keith Robinson is a regular contributor to the Jobg8 blog, co-produces the Jobg8 Summits and works with a range of job boards advising on strategy, NPD, marketing and NBD across Europe.