As a business embedded in the Job Board industry, it’s always great to see history and statistics like those listed below. We’ve picked out a few highlights and added some additional information and interesting facts.
• Monster and CareerBuilder (originally Net) began in 1994.
• The ‘Initial Steps’ involved the launching of Craigslist (1995) and Stepstone launching in Germany.
• Jobsonline became the #1 job site online in 1999, and niche sites began to appear in 2000.
• In 2003, LinkedIn launched – a new era for job boards.
• In Europe we saw between 1995 – 2000 the launch of Jobline (Sweden+ Europe) and acquired by Monster, Jobpilot (Germany – market leader + Europe) also acquired by Monster, Infojobs (Spain) Job.ch, (Switzerland) Jobs.cz (Czech) CVOnline (market leader across the CEE Region, founded in Estonia) broken up and sold.
• In the UK, Jobserve led the way launching in the IT space 93/4, Workthing.com launched my the Guardian 1999 (closed 2002), Monster, Reed.co.uk, Jobsite and Stepstone (closed the UK business in 2002) were early market leaders with Totaljobs.com joining the fray in 1999.
• The big players today include; Monster Global), Stepstone (Axel Springer+ Global), CareerBuilder, Global) Dice (Global), Seek (AsiaPac), Alma Media (CEE, Nordics, Balkans), Linkedin (Global) and Indeed (Global) there are many strong local brands on a country by country basis.
Have you booked your ticket to The Job Board Summit 2015 – Europe? If not, Book Now.