Kicking off day two, speaker Randy has already shared some great information and insights with us at Jobg8 and having now seen his PPT deck I wanted to share just one slide – his final one which he calls; Prepare for These;
- Demise (or death throes) of browser-based advertising
- Ascendance of pay-for-performance job advertising and automated buying – and subsequent problems
- Cross-media branding + job marketing campaigns
- Intensified competition for talent: Longer time to hire, higher turnover
- Regulatory efforts to combat fake job posting / contact harvesting
- Newspapers begin dropping out of the help-wanted business
- Job search engines win the huge small/midsize business market
- The next economic recession – by 2019
Randy’s judgement in this space is impeccable having moved away from the regional press at the right time in the 90’s and just under a year ago foresaw the LinkedIn share price demise.
So if you want one reason to come to the summit here’s one – See the Rest of Randy’s presentation at The Job Board Summit in Chicago this Thursday (23rd June).
Find out more about our Job Board summit 2016